Round Table Discussions
NEBPP Round Table Discussions
Round Table discussions are an excellent way for state and local agencies within a region to share their knowledge and experience on particular themes to promote and advance the state of the art in bridge preservation.
2010 Round Table Discussions
In 2010, the four bridge preservation partnerships were asked a common set of Round Table questions. Topics included the following:
- Bridge Preservation Definition
- Bridge Preservation Needs
- Bridge Preservation Funding
- Performance Goals and Measures
- Bridge Preservation Strategies
- Bridge Preservation Prioritization
- Prioritization Among Assets
- Work Accomplishment
- Region-Specific Questions
The questions and answers were summarized and published as a report titled “Bridge Preservation Partnership Roundtable: Question Responses for 2010 Report”.
NEBPP Meeting – Portland, Maine – 25 September 2013
The theme of the Round Table discussion was “Bridge Preservation – Resources, Challenges, Activities, and Communication”.
The following seven questions were posed to representatives of participating agencies:
- What percentage of your state’s total bridge budget is being invested in Bridge Preservation?
- What would be an adequate level of annual funding for your Bridge Preservation program?
- What are the top challenges that are impacting your agency’s Bridge Preservation program? What are the steps being taken or your recommendations to mitigate these challenges?
- What tools or mechanisms do you or your bridge program leadership use to communicate the benefits of bridge preservation?
- What types of activities does your agency’s Bridge Preservation program include?
- Describe the typical process used in your agency to identify, conduct, and implement the results of Bridge Preservation-related research.
- What are the top challenges that are impacting the implementation of Bridge Preservation products or innovative technologies? What are the steps being taken or your recommendations to mitigate these challenges?
The responses to these questions may be downloaded in the attached (.pdf) file.